Tour itinerary: Bishkek – Ak Beshim – Don-Aryk – Burana tower – Bishkek
Season: all the year round
Days: 1 | Nights: 0
One-day Bishkek countryside tour to Don Aryk village is a great opportunity to join the culture of the region following the nomadic lifestyle of Kyrgyz people. Visit Burana tower, Ulak Tartysh horse games and Ak-Beshim remains and enjoy your day trip to get acquainted with Kyrgyz historical heritage.
09:00 Meet the guide and driver at the hotel lobby.
Start Bishkek countryside sightseeing tour visiting:
-Ak-Beshimancient settlement which used to be named after Suyab. It was one of the cultural and economic centers of Chu valley (VI - VII centuries). The city occupied a large territory – shahristan (city center) with the citadel of the total area of 35 hectares, rabat (craft suburb) of about 60 hectares. During the excavations, the archeologists supposed that the settlement was the initial location of the city Balasagun, subsequently overgrown to the east. The remains of thick walls, Buddhist temples, irrigation networks and other attributes of the medieval architecture were found there.
-Don-Aryk village to watch one of the famous Central Asian horseback game called Ulak-Tartysh (Headless Goat fight or Buzkashi). It is somewhat similar to the modern rugby game but instead of a ball, the player each riding a horse, pass a goat to each other.
Lunch in a yurt in the Don Aryk village.
Yurt is the traditional accommodation of nomadic Kyrgyz tribes. Locals even have special competitions in the fastest yurt building stage by stage from the very beginning. Kyrgyz yurt masters keep these secrets in ages and pass them from generation to generation.
After short rest transfer to Bishkek with sightseeing en-route visiting:
- Burana Tower. Two kilometers from Don Aryk village there is the 11th-century minaret that was the vertical dominant of the ancient city Balasagun, the north capital of the Turkic lingual state of the Karakhanids and nearby open-air museum with its collection of ancient bal-bals, carved stone figures used as monuments.
The tower was originally 45 m but because of the great earthquake, part of the minaret was destroyed and its height was reduced to 25 m. There are many beautiful legends about this place and it is interesting to learn more.
- All transfers as per program by comfortable tourist class transport as per road conditions;
- English speaking professional local guide (1 standard excursion);
- Meals: lunch in Don Aryk (fixed menu, alcohol excluding);
- Single entry tickets to the sites, mausoleum and nature fees as per program;
- Buzkashi game watching in Don Aryk;
- Tourist tax per person;
- Bottled water.
- Accommodation in hotel in Bishkek (can be added by request);
- Photo/video fees (professional camera);
- Meals: breakfast and dinner;
- Personal/travel insurance; portage, tips, personal expenses, and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”.
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.