10:00 Meet with our guide our driver at your hotel lobby in Osh.
Transfer to Uzgen (60 km long,~1-1.5 hrs.).
Uzgen is a town inKyrgyzstanthat was a trading point between Osh and ancient Kashgar in the Great Silk Road, the town was always an important point for merchants and travelers. In the 12th Century, taking into consideration the favorable location of Uzgen made the city grow into an administrative center of the region. Uzgen reached its glory under the government of the Karahanids. The remains of Minaret and mausoleums, the necropolis of Karahanids dynasty are well - preserved to present days.
11:30 Arrival in Uzgen, start the sightseeing tour.
- Uzgen Archaeological - Architectural Museum complex consisting of Minaret of the 11-12 century, and the Museum with an exhibition hall.
Due to earthquake Uzgen Minaret was partially destroyed and was reconstructed in 1823. One can raise the highest point of the Minaret, there is a nice view of Uzgen town. it is interesting that the ornamental works of Uzgen Minaret are more precise and complex than those of Burana Tower near Bishkek.
Take some time to explore the area and take photos.
- Ancient bathhouse where one can see the remains of the eastern bathhouse of 11-12 century.
Most people of Uzgen are ethnical Uzbeks, therefore no wonder that traditional Uzbek plov is one of the most favorite dishes here. Uzgen is famous for its special kind of finest reddish-brown rice called devzira of excellent nutrition quality and taste, many locals from Osh come to Uzgen bazaar just for Uzgen brown rice.
Visit the authentic rice mill and colorful Uzgen bazaar with more than a century history.
Have lunch and taste delicious traditional meal at the local cafe.
- All transfers as per program by comfortable tourist class transport as per road conditions;
- English speaking professional local guide (1 standard excursion);
- Meals: lunch in Uzgen (fixed menu, alcohol excluding);
- Single entry tickets to the sites, mausoleum and nature fees as per program;
- Tourist tax per person;
- Bottled water.
- Accommodation in hotel in Osh (can be added by request);
- Photo/video fees (professional camera);
- Meals: breakfast and dinner;
- Personal/travel insurance; portage, tips, personal expenses, and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”.
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.