Tour itinerary: Bishkek – Kochkor – Issyk-Kul – Bishkek
Season: all the year round
Days: 1 | Nights: 0
Tour to Issyk-Kul lake is a wonderful 3-day trip offering variety of adventurous and cultural activities. Take your time to enjoy felt - making masterclass and hiking in the most beautiful mountains near Issyk Kul.
The tour is ideal for summer vacations to enjoy swimming season in Issyk-Kul lake, gorgeous sunsets and memorable walks along the lakeshore.
09:00 Meet the guide and driver at the hotel lobby.
Transfer to Kochkor village (220 km).
Kochkor village is famous as a felt making center. The local people make felt carpets, embroidering, and various beautiful handicraft items.
It's a unique chance to take part in felt making master - class or so-called "shyrdak" show where the visitors are welcome to observe the process of felt carpets weaving and make their own felt rugs, learn more about the felt making traditions.
- Issyk-Kul lakeis one of the most wonderful lakes in the world, located in the north-eastern part of the Kyrgyz Republic. Issyk Kul is translated as “Hot Lake” and is considered as one of "the pearls of Central Asia". Due to the salty water, Lake Issyk Kul possesses curative qualities. There are many activities that entertain people on the beach: windsurfing, scooters, aqua parks, parachutes and rides on boats and ships. In winter there are also spots of alpinism where people enjoy incredible landscapes.
After traditional lunch, leisure time and light walking at the lakeshore.
Resting time in the evening. Overnight at the hotel.
- Grigorievskoe gorge(Chon Aksu) is one of the most famous and beautiful sights of Issyk-Kul Lake located 60 km from the town of Cholpon-Ata.
Easy hiking in the mountains enjoying the beauty of the mountain slopes here one can also see beautiful Tien-Shan spruce. There are three beautiful lakes with crystal clear water in the valley. Lower Lake is located at the lower part of the gorge, Middle Lake is at pasture At-Djailoo, and the most beautiful of the three lakes – Upper Lake is located 6 km from the Middle Lake.
Green mountain slopes covered with beautiful poppies, mountain river, picturesque mountain landscapes, all this certainly make unforgettable impression.
Transfer to Cholpon ata.
Take a light walk at Issyk kul lakeshore, enjoying the fresh air and stunning views of Issyk kul.
Resting time in the evening, Overnight at the hotel.
09:00 Transfer to Bishkek (250 km) with sightseeing en-route visiting:
- Ancient stone inscriptions (dating back to 800 B.C.). These petroglyphs were made more than 2 000 years ago by shamans. They depict wolves, long-horned ibex, goats, horses, snow leopards, sacrifices and some hunting scenes.
- Visiting the Ethnological Museum;
- Burana Tower was the vertical dominant of the ancient city Balasagun, the north capital of the Turkic lingual state of the Karakhanids and the small nearby museum with its collection of ancient bal-bals, carved stone figures used as monuments.
- Meals: lunches and dinners except those specified in “Tour Price Includes”;
- Personal travel/medical insurance, portage, tips, personal expenses, and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”.
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.